Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day Four

The Summer Ball by Sandy Littlejohn

A bit more progress on the wall...I stitched another block, and 2 stitches on the next block.

Laura G asked a question: Do I carry the threads? The answer is yes and no. On the first 3 blocks the colors tended to be repeated in such a concentrated area that I did carry the threads from section to section. However, there are already places where the concentration of color doesn't make carry threads practical, so I start-and-stop a thread to stitch those areas. I recently saw this neat needle organizer in the Nordic Needle catalog, I may have to order one just for this project to help me keep those threads straight! I think it would be really nice to have a needle already threaded for each color in this chart.

Pako Needle Organizer available from Nordic Needle

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for answering my question. I would be sooo tempted to work outside the 10x10 block just to keep going with the same color. I admire your ability to stick to the goal! That is a nifty organizer!

    ReplyDelete