Saturday, June 27, 2009

Crisis averted

Photobucket

I'm going to have to do some ripping before I can start stitching again. I'm just afraid that there isn't enough of the green wall color and the gray floor color to cover the extra 40+ square inches of fabric that need to be covered now that I've learned that my fabric is 28 count rather than 32 count.

Luckily I found that 3 of the greens are an exact match for DMC floss that I already had at the house. Two of the shades of gray in the kit don't match either their assigned Anchor color number, or the DMC equivalent. I liked the Anchor color a little more than the DMC, so I purchased 9 skeins of Anchor to replace/supplement what I already have.

I'll still have to sew some waste fabric onto the right edge of the fabric when I get further along, but at least I think I've managed to save the project.

Now to compose a letter to send both the the magazine and the distributor of the kit about the problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment